Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fasting to Feasting

It's too bad our days aren't lived on mountaintops. I love mountaintop experiences. I love feeling so close to my Lord and Savior that I could reach out and touch Him. I love the high. However, the reality is that we may not always remain there. But, the good news is that no matter where we are, we can worship him with all our heart, soul and strength on a daily basis.

I learned this in a new way a few weeks back. I was called to fast and after a little over a week, it was ended. It was very sad to me. I mourned my utter dependence and the communion that I was having with Him. To go through each minute of the day calling on His name for strength brought me so close and so attentive to Him and His voice. I didn't want it to end.

I was under the belief that this fast would last for weeks as other fasts have and that it was the denial of food that was bringing me close to Him. In actuality, for me, it was the denial of my own strength, my own plans and just listening to His voice that brought the sweet communion. I was reminded that I am called to be in constant communication, constant dependence on Him to get me through every minute whether fasting or feasting.


So, if we are found on mountaintops in Praise, on our knees, humbly fasting from food, in the valley of depression, anywhere, we can worship Him and worship Him hard. Let this retreat, this fast from worldly and self dependence that we are striving for continue each day. Let the Praise and communication never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment