Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

I'm really not a New Years Resolution making kind of person, but last night as I sat in a large circle with family and friends and we each took a turn sharing what we were thankful for this past year and what we were looking ahead to in 2010, I began to think. Still no resolutions, but a knowledge of the reality of what I am really looking forward to this year.

A year ago, I never would have imagined myself where I am today, moved across the country, in a new home, new church and some new friends. So much can happen in a year. People have come and people have gone, some with Jesus, others just away. . . graduations, illnesses, broken relationships, mended relationships. . . . bitterness, anger, forgiveness, healing. . . . the list goes on. Yet, through this year I have taken stock of some of the mighty things that He has done, allowed, and redeemed. It has been a good year, not because of what has happened, but because of who He is and because He has allowed me to see His hand moving through it.

So for 2010 what I really look forward to is January 1, 2011 when I get to look back again and recognize His hand at work through good and the bad. Yes, to look back and see what a mighty God we served and will continue to serve. I can't wait to see what He does this year.

Thank You, Lord, for letting me be a part of it all, for revealing Yourself in the lives of Your people and giving us a glimpse of Your goodness and Your Mighty Hand
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment