Saturday, March 5, 2011

Holding Nothing Back

Acts 20: 36-38



"I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me" Acts 20:23~



Yet, Paul still goes. I think that my natural inclination would be that if the Spirit was warning me of great hardship and prison, I might interpret that as "DON'T GO!" But here is Paul saying that "He considers his life worth nothing" and his only value is in the goal to "finish the task that the Lord Jesus gave him, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

I think of how greatly I fall short. I think of how many times I go out of my way to avoid hardship because "the Lord doesn't want me to feel pain, right?" But the truth is that He calls me to suffer for the sake of the Gospel. Not suffer for the sake of my comfort, but suffer so that I might finish the task set be fore me which is to testify to the Gospel of God's grace.



2 Timothy 1:7-9 "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace."

I pray for myself and for you who read this that we might, that I might, take the call, the command so seriously and like Paul, hold nothing back for the sake and joy of the Gospel. May we dare to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.



1 Thessalonians 2:2
"We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition."

No comments:

Post a Comment