Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Poo-Poo

Ok, so part of me laughs because I can picture some people saying "Why is Mia (who smells like roses) talking about her poo?" As people get to know me, I think they realize that there is so much crazy that goes on in my head and my filter is quite often lacking on how much crazy to unleash into the world. And if your still unbelieving, my family could attest to this as they get to see me in all my splendor, my insane splendor. But through the crazy the one thing that remains true is that I love Jesus. I'm flawed beyond measure, but man, do I love him and how I rest in his grace, mercy and forgiveness.

Now, back to my poo....
I realized today, after spending time with my prayer ladies, that My Poo, which in my life, is MY PRIDE and MY UN-FORGIVENESS, stinks up the place. My stinky un-forgiveness not only hinders me, but it hinders the work of God and His kingdom here on earth. He has called me to do something, but my pride keeps me from obedience.

The scary thing to me is that I see so clearly how my lack of obedience in this one area directly effects God's people and seeing THAT in me is ugly and it smells foul. What I do know is that God can use that nasty aroma, like smelling salts, to wake me up to a better aroma, the aroma of repentance. Oh, the sweet scent of forgiveness, the aroma of life.....

My prayer for myself today and for you is that we would be a sweet smelling offering, not because of what we can do, but because of what He has first done. We love because He first loved. We forgive, because He first forgave. We sing because He first sang over us.

So what is your poo? What is stinking up the place in your life and hindering what God has so clearly called you to do? Fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of your faith.

I don't want to keep my eyes on the rubbish, but on the one who make all things new!


1 comment:

  1. Ponder this, God can take our worst poo and turn it into our greatest glory for Him. He will use everything about us for His kindom - even the smelly parts.

    ReplyDelete