Friday, January 21, 2011

Just a Thought~Romans 12:1-2


I think what struck me in all it's simplicity today when I was reading and praying about Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's perfect will is-His good,pleasing and perfect will", is that it is so simple.

How many times do we ask what is God's will for us in our life and talk of our struggles in knowing His will because life is so complicated and there are so many variables. I think the answer could be, often. But here it seems so simple. If I do not conform to the pattern of the world and renew my mind with His word, so becoming transformed, THEN, I will be able to test and approve God's good, pleasing and PERFECT will.

So, walk with Christ, let His Word transform me and renew my mind so that I can test and confirm, and then I will know. Seems so easy, yet maybe the lack of daily renewal, the tiptoeing in the pattern of the world, and forgetting to test and approve what His will is, makes God's instruction appear more difficult than it is.

Just a thought running through my heart and mind today. Lord, be with us this day that we might daily, hourly and moment by moment be transformed and renew are hearts and minds through your word, so that we will know Your perfect will in our lives. God you are great and worthy of all our honor. I am humbled by your grace over my life and the lives of those you love. Amen!!!

1 comment:

  1. And as I was reminded of tonight.... Not only to know His will, but to DO His will! Amen!!

    ReplyDelete