Sunday, January 2, 2011

Main Topic~GOD!

Habakkuk 3:1-6

1 A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. On shigionoth.
2 LORD, I have heard of your fame;
I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD.
Repeat them in our day,
in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy.


What a way to start a prayer~acknowledging His fame, acknowledging that He is the topic of all our praise as we stand back in awe and wonder of who He is. Lest we forget, God make Yourself know and remind us by all means necessary. Wow!

3 God came from Teman,
the Holy One from Mount Paran.
His glory covered the heavens
and his praise filled the earth.


His Praise! God is the topic, the main point of our praise. What else is there to boast about, surely nothing in me except my weaknesses, as Paul says, that once again really boast of the Lord's strength. He IS the topic of the Praise of our lips.

4 His splendor was like the sunrise;
rays flashed from his hand,
where his power was hidden.


What a picture of magnificence. Rays flashing from His hands as the glory of the Lord rises among us like a brilliant sunrise coming out of nowhere, hidden no more. FLASH~BANG! There He is!!

5 Plague went before him;
pestilence followed his steps.
6 He stood, and shook the earth;
he looked, and made the nations tremble.

I'm trying to imagine how a mere look, a mere glance in my direction from the Lord can cause the nations to tremble. Who is this God? How Mighty is His name! Who is there in Heaven, but You, Oh Lord? Where can I go that you will not see me, where can I hide?...No where! You are there! Who is this King of Glory? God Almighty is the topic of my praise!!

The ancient mountains crumbled
and the age-old hills collapsed—
but he marches on forever.


Oh Lord, Heaven and earth may pass away, but the name of the Lord marches on forever. He will not fade away. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Yet my prayer and hope is that in my life, and the lives of all of you, day after day, He would grow brighter in our eyes and that we would grow in knowledge and understanding and most of all, awe of Him. May God be the topic of our praise. May God be on our lips. May His goodness be evident and march on though this world wastes away. May God be the topic of all praise. GOD BE PRAISED! I can't say it enough. God be praised!


No comments:

Post a Comment