Friday, June 19, 2009

Rain Jumping


My Mission today was to get the house clean for the weekend, that way I could have a relaxing few days not worrying about dust bunnies. I was doing great and then all of the sudden I heard the first few drops of rain. Instantly, my summer couch potato (my daughter) popped up and said "Mom, lets go jump on the trampoline in the rain." My initial thought was to say "No, I need to keep working" or "That's not very safe". But, instead. . . . . . .
I said "OK, let's go."

Immediately we ran outside and jumped. We jumped, laughed, slid around and had a great time. It was enough excitement to gain the attention of a visitor in the neighbors yard to tell us how much fun it looked like we were having. I think he secretly wanted to slip around on the trampoline too. I believe trampolines have a way of pulling the kid out of us. How can you be serious when your flying through the air, how can you think about all the things on the "to-do" list when the laughter and smiles of your daughter melt that all away?

The rain continued to grow stronger and then the lighting came, which was our cue to head inside. But, it was the best 7 minutes of my day and I'm so glad I didn't let it pass by. As my kids get older these moments become fewer and fewer. I don't want to miss a single opportunity.

Don't let the rain pass you by. Go have fun. . . . . . .
jump, dance, skip and a laugh in the rain.

Four things you can't recover:
The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.
The occasion.........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great mom Mia! I admire you so much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete