Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lost and Found in the Desert


It's been a while. It's been a whirlwind. It's been a process. . . . some of it good, some of it tough, but all of it under the perfect control of this Mighty Savior, our Lord, my Father and my dear Friend.

I have gone from one extreme to another physically (moved from Chicago to Phoenix) and emotionally (connected to unconnected with friends and my faith walk).

I didn't realize how difficult the transition would be. I thought that I would have to be there for my children as they went to new school and met new people, but to my surprise they were fine, excited and ready to go. My husband was settling into work and I was the one that found myself lost in the middle of the desert.

I love these words from the Desert Song.
"This is my prayer in the desert when all that within me feels dry.
This is my prayer in my hunger and thirst. My God is the God who provides."

I love that when all is still and I cry out to the Lord, "I'm all alone" that He swoops in and holds me and leads me to the perfect words of life for that moment, for that day. I love that He calls me friend and that I am His and He is mine. I love that He provides and gives purpose to everything I do, even in the desert. He supplies and quenches all the desires that I have. . . desires to serve and to sing, to worship, to comfort, to befriend and to be befriended. He is awesome and He is my friend.



The book that I dusted off today is by Oswald Chambers, "My Utmost for His Highest", if you have it, dust it off too and look at September 26. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you. John 14:27. Oswald Chamber comments: "When our Lord speaks peace, He makes peace". . . . "Reflected peace is the proof that you are right with God because you are at liberty to turn your mind to Him". . . "We get disturbed because we have not been considering Him. When one confers with Christ the perplexity goes, because He has no perplexity. . . "

How comforting for me to know that when I focus on Him my vision changes. It's when I look at the world and life's situations with my own eyes that I become disturbed. But, with Christ-like eyes the world looks more like a gift and an opportunity to touch and change lives for the glory of God. Yes, the world looks like a wonderful mission field just waiting to know and experience the wonderful grace of God.

"Let not your heart be troubled"

Serve him in all that you do, wherever you are, in the desert, in the valley, on the mountaintop and on the plains. Just serve Him, love him and trust him. He is Good!

4 comments:

  1. Mia- Beautiful, honest, heartfelt post. I can't wait to hear the music that pours out of you during this time... hey the title to your next album "lost and found in the desert"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mia. We don't need to move across the country to feel that "lostness" sometimes. You expressed it beautifully and turned our eyes to God for the comfort he gives. Blessings on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for your encouragement. It's very valuable to us to hear from someone after speaking somewhere. Christ's blessings to you and your work at Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mia, you have a fantastic blog. It looks like you have a great ministry. Thanks for sharing your time with the kids in Sachigo Lake this summer. Steve, missionary/pilot,LAMP

    ReplyDelete