Friday, July 22, 2011

New Songs

Last night was a fantastic night for me for several reasons. It was my first concert in Phoenix, it was my first concert with my new band and it was the first time I got to give my testimony here in my new home state. It was an amazing night. It was kind of like the worship leader said during the concert, "We're churchin it." It was a great night of worship of an Amazing God.

After I gave my testimony I sang a new song that I wrote the other day. It has a very personal meaning to me, not only because I once was that person, but because I also now pray for that person that I am singing about. I didn't really sing it perfectly, but I'm glad that I did. The great part about it is that even from the first time, Michael, the bass player heard it, he already has suggestions to make it better. I love that about my band! So, I'm excited to see where the song goes and what it becomes.

Just want to post the words as a prayer for all of us. Not sure of the title yet, but I had some great suggestions from the crowd last night, as of now it's simply called........

"A New Song Rather Than The Old"

You’re alone in the crowd on the corner

Chasing rainbows that go with no end

There’s no grand pot of gold in your story

You keep running with eyes to the wind


CHORUS: And your sad, sad story

Sings a song of desire and tears

You keep singing that sad tale of glory

You keep running behind all your fears


You've been running this race now for so long

Here’s a hand let me help you to stand

You are worth so much more than you know now

Sing a new song, the song of I AM


Sing

Sing

Sing, sing a song of redemption

Sing for the whole world to hear


No comments:

Post a Comment