Friday, August 1, 2014

Stuck!



By the grace of God my husband and I own (ok, lease) two new cars. One for him and one for me...... and by me, I mean, the three other adult drivers (my babies) in my house who eat my food, have jobs they need to get to (so that they can pay for college), have weekly servant events, go to mid week worship and love to socialize.

What does that mean for me, a stay at home mom who works from home? Well, it mean just that, I'M STUCK AT HOME WITH NO CAR. My new car that I love so much, I can't even remember the last time I filled it up with gas. I do however know that it is being filled every few days as evidenced by my bank records.

I'm stuck.... at home..... ALL THE TIME. I have to submit in advance and work around others schedules if I want to use a car or even take my son to the ER. It all requires strategic planning. Thankfully, my husband, Bob, has a Doctorate in Family Logistics. All requests and scheduling go through him. He's amazing, what can I say!!

Today, as I made breakfast for my son, who tends to also be confined to the house due to transportation issues, I prayed this as we sat down together... "Dear Lord help us today as we remain in this home, to be lights in all we do. Help us even in are stuck-ness to do your will and your work. May being stuck not stop us from being a light and bringing glory to your name. Amen"

After I prayed this, it dawned on me... actually it dawned on me as I was sitting on the pot-because it's the one place in my house where there are the least distractions...no t.v, no computer, no phone.... (TMI), nevertheless, it struck me that there is so much I can do in my stuck-ness that I couldn't do if I were out and about. So much!!

So today, I re-dedicate my time bound in this house to love, to serve, to clean, prepare meals (we are having pot roast tonight), to plan, to pray and to give glory to God in all I do. May this offering be an act of worship, may I be a living sacrifice right where I am.

Now, to encourage you.....Wherever you are, even if you feel like you are stuck..in that job, in that relationship, in the kitchen, wherever you are, remember that God is sovereign, He is in control, and He cares about where you are and what you are doing. May you fix your eyes on Him, the author and perfector of your faith and run a good race right where you are even if that means doing laps around the kitchen. Give glory to him in what you are being called to do today in preparation for what He may call you to do tomorrow.

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 
1 Corinthians 10:31
Bloom where you are planted!

~Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment