Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The St. Paddy's Day Struggle

This is my own personal St. Paddy's Day celebration

Today as I reflect on the life of St. Patrick, this is what hits me most as I have been struggling and battling depression over the past few days.

Patrick was a young man who was taken into captivity and enslaved for six years in Ireland. It was during that time, when he had nothing else, that he turned his life over to Christ. It was was in the darkness that he saw light, hope and saving grace. It was then when he realized that he had nothing else but Christ and Christ was enough.

So if you are celebrating this day well, Have fun! Enjoy the corned beef and cabbage! But if you, like me find your self in a bit of a stooper, take heart.....Christ is enough, His grace is enough, He is the comfort and comforts us in our affliction, He draws near to us as we draw near to Him.

So, as I and many others get caught up in the green (which I heard wasn't even his color), let's take heart and get caught up in the example that Patrick was and what God can do in the midst of our captivity, in the midst of our struggles, in the storm of our pain. God is faithful. His word is true.

Look up! He's got this!
I love you in the Lord, Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment