Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Youth Impact

I just returned home from an awesome time of worship leading for a youth group. It was a group that had just spent the several hours before serving and doing ministry work. Was I as encouraging to them as they are to me, I don't know. Sometimes I wonder if our youth know how impactful they are, how the works of their hands, the fruit of their hearts really reach and inspire others to think outside of themselves. I wonder, I just wonder.

I guess as I get older, I realize how little I know and how much I have to learn. Growing up as a child (and young adult for that matter) who had very low self-esteem and tended to be pretty self destructive, I find myself so amazed and encouraged by young people who are active in their church and are reaching out to someone besides themselves.

I see them learning what I learned a lot later in life. Oh, to imagine what my life would have been like if I would have learned what I know now at a younger age. Regardless, I praise God for journey, for the grace, for the mercy cause I received a whole lot of it.

Thank you God!

Micah 6:8 he has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment