Monday, September 26, 2011

No Shrinking Required

I have been seeking God this last week on several specific situations. Now that it is Monday, I feel like my list of things that I am seeking His will and answers to are stacked so high that He couldn't possibly answer me specifically on all of them. I would pray, I would open the bible, I would sit and listen..... And then it happened, He spoke!! He simply said "Do not shrink back!"

I headed to my computer to google where in the Bible it says this and discern how this might be the answer to all I am going through.. I quickly found it in Hebrews 10:32-39

"Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For, “In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay.”
And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.” But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved."



Is there anything in your life today that God can answer to you through this verse? 
Is there a verse that will answer your needs this day? Do you believe that He can do it, are you willing to seek Him and stop to listen?

Be comforted and know that God will do what He says. Call on Him and He WILL answer you and show you great and unsearchable things that you do not know. Choose today to seek Him face to face, to follow His will and watch Him be glorified in your life.
Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment