Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Koehne's Corner-Thoughts from my husband

This is from the weekly e-note letter that my husband, Bob Koehne, writes. I am blessed by it and thought you might be too. Blessings!

Koehne’s Corner
So many things in life are easier said than done. When I looked at my schedule for the week, I felt a little overwhelmed with everything I have to do. Then I was thinking about all imaginary obstacles that could get in the way of accomplishing my tasks for the week.

It made me think back to something a pastor once told me. He advised me to work with the things that I know and not worry about the things I don't know. He told me if there is something I don't know God will reveal it to me when He feels the time is right. I have often thought about this, but I have to tell you, it is easier said than done.

The section of scripture that I always need to go back to is Matthew 6:25-34. It addresses the issue of worrying. Verse 27 tells us "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Then I start to realize this is a matter of faith and trust. Can I trust God enough with the details of my life? Of course the answer is yes, but I need to be continually reminded in my life.

How about you? Is this easier said than done?

No comments:

Post a Comment