Thursday, March 20, 2014

FROZEN

This is the verse that continues to minister to my heart especially today, 2 Samuel 23:10

"He rose and struck down the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clung to the sword. And the Lord brought about a great victory that day, and the men returned after him only to strip the slain."  ESV

The NIV version uses the words "frozen to the sword". I love both. The beauty and the reality of it blows me away.

In the battles of life we often grow weary, but it is what we cling to in the battle that brings about victory in our weariness. I am clinging to the Word of God. It is life to me. May I be frozen to it!

What are you clinging to today? Victory is here!

I love this quote I came across at  Suburban Stereotype
"At the end of my life, I want it to be said that I fought with my hand frozen to the sword"


No comments:

Post a Comment