Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Just Ask

Tree Hill Collective in the Studio  
Mia (vocals/songwriter) Adina (songwriter) Jeff McCullough (Music producer) 
Daniel (BGV's/guitar)

One of the things that I love about my music producer, Jeff McCullough, (he's the one with the Mohawk) is that he always tells me like it is. When I sound bad, he does not hesitate to let me know it. He asks me questions and guides me in searching every emotion and truth connected with each line that comes out of my mouth. "Don't sing it if you don't believe it" he says. And he covers our sessions, recording, mixing and mastering in prayer.

On this last project he said this to me. "Mia, you owe it to the writers and the audience to be totally honest in your interpretation of the song, stop listening to the voices in your head." Recording music is a ministry. It captures my heart and is forever out there for people to hear. So I don't take it lightly. There are tears shed in each recording project through the struggle over lines, notes and songs. I tend to think of Jeff as my therapist as well. Kudos for producers that have to deal with emotionally sensitive and sometimes unstable artists. They ROCK!!

THE BIG CHALLENGE HE GAVE:

My producer asked me the other week "If you could do a duet with ANYONE living or dead, who would it be?" I answered him and then he said "So what is stopping you." My reply was that I didn't ask. So I followed through, dared to ask this person and he said, "Yes!" #CRAZY. So, now my prayer is this...whatever comes out of it, I pray that it shines a light on Christ. May it be excellent and praiseworthy...... May it be my best offering to the Lord #SoliDeoGlori.

What does someone need to challenge you to do today? 
Go Nike it! #JustDoIt #SoliDeoGlori
(I don't know about you, but so much of what I do is because someone loved me enough to give me a swift kick in the butt and encourage to do it...Consider yourself kicked!!)

"You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions." James 4:2-3

PS, I am fully aware that my use of hash-tags means nothing in this blog...Can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment