Tuesday, November 13, 2012

God of Angel Armies Is Always By My Side

The fact that my night ended with an encounter by, what I would call, a creepy man hitting on me and questioning if I was traveling alone, does not negate the amazing day that I had. What it does do is remind me of the specific prayers that I should be praying and requesting.

PRAYER REQUESTS
1. Pray for a strong voice and good rest
2. Pray for a deep memorization of the lyrics, that they would be embedded in my heart as I record
3. Please pray for my safety and God's continued hand on me as I travel. As I was praying last night thanking God for his protection and asking for his continual guarding the song by Chris Tomlin rang in my  head. Then I said theses words...

I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always on my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
Whom Shall I fear, Whom Shall I Fear!


It is true, I know that I am in the hands of God. I will continue to ask for his hand of blessings as I travel and for His mission to be accomplished. Will you join me in praying?



Now for yesterdays recap. It was amazing! This picture kinda sums it up minus the concert.



The day started off with a relaxing time on the island beach (I know that sounds exotic, but no one here seems to think of it as an island, but technically it is) then a quiet lunch by the river where I battled with the birds. Being in Phoenix, I don't deal with too many birds (except pigeons and I think they are disgusting) so my fear of birds escalated. What I realized is that my fear of these birds crippled my ability to enjoy the peace and beauty of the river, because I was consumed with thinking about my fear. God teaches me a lessons in every situation. Fear robs me of joy and peace!

After lunch is was off to the radio station, KNLB, where we were a part of the Miss Debbie show and Share-a-Thon. It was a joy to be a part of that. What a warm welcoming radio station and staff. I love doing radio...probably because I love talking, so radio interviews are always a high point for me.

Then the concert~sweet time indeed! Being able to have an hour to share music and my testimony with people is always a joy. I have to balance out the music and talk time, because I could talk about the amazing things God has done for the whole hour, but I know people wanted to hear music. The cool thing for me is that they intertwine as one for me at times. There was a great reception to the music and as I talked to people afterwards and as I prayed with individuals, they shared how their hearts were moved and encouraged and hope restored. That's when I knew God was in the house doing what He does. I am such a broken vessel, but honored that God would use this vessel to minister to his people.

A huge thank you to Ted and Cathy Kamena who hosted and set up this trip to visit Calvary Baptist Church. They are two amazing people that I had the honor of meeting and now have the honor of calling them friends.

After a long day, I got hungry, which leads me back to the top of this note. So how can one man ruin all God has done...He can't. The God of Angel armies is ALWAYS by my side.

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment