Sunday, April 12, 2009

Worship In Spirit and Truth

Back from Easter worship and I return home, filled, amazed, touched, and reassured of God's love for me and just how far He will go to save a wretch like me. Today Jesus called me by name and again said, "Mia, I forgive you".

The Easter service at Family of Christ, CO would, I guess, technically be described as a blended service. There was liturgy, hymns (old and a new original), and contemporary praise music. But I did not come out of this service able to tell where the division was. It was pure worship from beginning to end. Whether it was a hymn being sung or liturgy being chanted it was all done with the passion that Christ calls us to worship Him in. When the congregation sang, they sang with all their hearts. When the pastor preached , he preached in confidence and truth. When the choir sang, they lifted up beautiful harmonies and when the praise team lead they raised His banner of Victory high.
It was amazing worship, It was an amazing day.

Saviour, He can move the mountains.
My God is Mighty to save, He is Mighty to save.
Forever, (He's the) Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave.

Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment