Monday, April 19, 2010

Body Parts



As I was reading in I Corinthians today it stuck me, it again amazed me at how wonderful it is that we are all made differently. We all have different gifts. As the body of Christ, we move and function together, each doing our part, each given by God a different function. We all have different gifts and different passions.

I Corinthians 12:7-11 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

So many times we look at others and say "I want that gift, their gift is so much cooler than mine and everyone can see their gift." How much time is wasted when we watch others using their gifts and not acknowledging our own. We loose out on being the most wonderful instrument of peace that God intended for us to be. If we don't start living the specific life that God called us to live, who will? I can't live out your calling and no one can live out my calling.

I Corinthians 12:15~If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not FOR THAT REASON cease to be part of the body.

Because we do not acknowledge our function in the body of Christ, that does not change the fact that we have received a calling or that we have received a gift. It simply means that we are not living up to the potential that God intended for us, His church and His people.

Now I don't know about you, but I don't want to waste time pretending like I am an ear when I am not. I don't want to act as if because I am not an elbow in the church that I don't belong. The part that I am, I want to be a be FULLY. I just want to acknowledge who Christ made me and be the most wonderful, spirit filled me possible. No matter what part we are, as called Christians, we all have the Spirit of God dwelling with in us. Now that is a gift that we can not deny.

"Oh Praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead"

No comments:

Post a Comment