Thursday, April 29, 2010

Weak Sauce

My children have this saying "weak sauce". I don't really get it or fully understand it and that is probably a good thing. I'll just go with my limited understanding of something being weak, lame or insufficient.

As I meditated on this verse today with my sister from Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen, I found that I go before the Lord with little prayers. Sometimes even half believing that He will even answer them the way that I hope in Him too. I have had "weak sauce" prayers.

My prayers in faith, God says that He can do more. He can do more than I can imagine to even ask for. Wow, how glorious that must be. How amazing to have His spirit interceding on our behalf. This truth was spoken by Paul in the book of Ephesians just after he, Paul lifted up and amazing prayer to the Father for God's people. One of the most beautiful prayers and this prayer was not even touching the greatness of what God has to offer.

In awe of God, I kneel before Him in prayer, knowing fully that he hears my cries, and wraps them into the cries of the Spirit who prays for me. I never know sometimes how theologically correct I am, but I do know, I have a God that is able and willing to do more than I could ever ask and my weak sauce prayers are beautiful music to His ears as they are lifted up in the faith that He first gave me.

Lord in Your mercy, Hear our prayers. And Your mercy is great!

1 comment:

  1. And when we are weak...His grace is sufficient and His Power is perfected in our weakness...we we are weak, He is strong...the same power that raised Christ from the dead, lives within us..whew
    Joining you in prayer Mia!

    ReplyDelete