Tuesday, April 13, 2010

God is Good



Things that I know today. I know that God is Good. I know that He is Faithful. I know that He does not change and that He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

But today I find it hard to sing these words "God is Faithful". Today I just want them to be in my heart. Today I want to remember that I know this to be true. Today these truths are going to be words that minister quietly to my soul.

This is the hymn that we sang at the close of my brothers funeral so many years ago. This is the song that my sister sings each day as she stands in need of a miracle. This is the song that I now sing too, praying for a miracle for her. Lord in Your mercy, hear our prayer.

Now Rest Beneath Night's Shadow

"Lord Jesus who dost love me, Oh spread Thy wings above me, And shield me from alarm. Though evil would assail me, Thy mercy will not fail me. I rest in Thy protecting arms."  ~Paul Ger­hardt

No comments:

Post a Comment