Monday, April 26, 2010

Life

I need to do a reality check. . . I am in Chicago, IL. In the past week, I have been in three different states. Yesterday after church, I asked my friend what time it was at my sisters house. Needless to say I was 10 miles from her house.

This morning was my first day with her. Julie is on year three of fighting cancer and now needs 24 hour companionship. I count it a blessing to be able to spend the daytime hours with her, praying with her, talking, and giggling with her. Most of our conversation go to us talking about how great and faithful our Lord is. That's the foundation. That's what it is all about.

This morning as I began our devotions and prayed for the Lord's blessings, I was reminded that His Word is Life. As I thanked the Lord for His word, the tears flowed. Not tears of sadness, but tears of knowing that His Word is Life. Life that leads to salvation. He has given us life in Him, eternally. When you sit with someone and pray for healing and you look into the future which could include leaving this side of heaven, you chew on the word, LIFE. His word is Life. It is what we are about. It is what we breath. I have never wanted Life so bad. I want it so badly for my sister.

My sister has life and life abundant. As I sit with her the only thing that she wants to breath is the word. In and out it flows. My frail bodied sister breaths LIFE. My sister is living Life and living it abundantly.

I love my sister so much. I praise God for her life and how she ministers to me. How she testifies of God's greatness, faithfulness, His strength. How she believes and does not doubt that He is fully able to do more than we could ever ask or imagine. My sister ROCKS!!

Thank you God for your Word. Your word is life, Your word is life unto salvation. Thank You Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for Julie, you , and the family. Praying that Jesus would turn the water into wine on your sister's behalf - whatever that means for her in Christ.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete